Primary Space Activities
This resource contains a number of ideas for both teaching about space and for using space as a context for learning in other subject areas.
• Poems - using different types of poems in science and some space poetry words.
• Songs and music - lists of songs concerning space and examples of space songs from clusterweb.
• Children hot-seating - with names of people linked to space to research and role-play.
• Cross curricular space ideas - ideas on how to use space across the whole curriculum including mathematics, design and technology, english, RE, PSHE, thinking skills, history, geography, music, ICT, PE and art.
• Odd one out - a game where children highlight the odd one out and give reasons why.
• Planet art - how to use different techniques in art to create models and pictures of the planets and solar system.
• Positives, minuses and interesting - challenge children to find positives, minuses and interesting points for different ideas related to space.
• Problem solving activities - suggestions for problem solving activities related to space.
• Pupils as researchers in a space topic - suggestions for research topics with space theme.
• The big space question - “big” questions about space to discuss in speaking and listening.
Show health and safety information
|Published||2010 to 2019|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Ogden Centre for Fundamental Physics