Primary Space Activities
This resource contains a number of ideas for both teaching about space and for using space as a context for learning in other subject areas.
• Poems - using different types of poems in science and some space poetry words.
• Songs and music - lists of songs concerning space and examples of space songs from clusterweb.
• Children hot-seating - with names of people linked to space to research and role-play.
• Cross curricular space ideas - ideas on how to use space across the whole curriculum including mathematics, design and technology, english, RE, PSHE, thinking skills, history, geography, music, ICT, PE and art.
• Odd one out - a game where children highlight the odd one out and give reasons why.
• Planet art - how to use different techniques in art to create models and pictures of the planets and solar system.
• Positives, minuses and interesting - challenge children to find positives, minuses and interesting points for different ideas related to space.
• Problem solving activities - suggestions for problem solving activities related to space.
• Pupils as researchers in a space topic - suggestions for research topics with space theme.
• The big space question - “big” questions about space to discuss in speaking and listening.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.