Inside STEM careers: investigating organic foods
Produced by Science & Plants for Schools (SAPS), these materials look at the work of product manager, James Seymour. Through investigating organic food crops and horticulture, students gain a greater understanding of the career opportunities available in plant biology.
James is a manager in a herb growing company and uses his knowledge of plant science to choose the plants that they grow and sell.
The materials include full teacher guidance and student information sheets. These cover:
* careers case study and questions
* investigating if foods grown organically taste better than non-organic
* 'Thanet Earth' as an example of a giant greenhouse, growing food crops and the effects of intensive farming
* considering the factors that affect the saleability and profitability of crops
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Careers, Science, Biology, Practical work|
|Published||2010 to 2019|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Science & Plants for Schools (SAPS)