Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
Produced by the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS), these resources are aimed at mathematics practitioners.
In this resource, sessions look at:
• Decimals percentages and money - using rich collaborative tasks
• Fractions - using rich collaborative tasks
• Fractions: misconception - exposing and discussing common misconceptions
• Fractions: order and compare - using co-operative small group work
• Fractions: colaborative tasks - creating connections between topics
• Percentages - encouraging reasoning rather than 'answer getting'
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.