Energy Transfer - From Source to Load
This is one of a series of focused units, from the Association for Science Education and the Design and Technology Association, to introduce students to important technologies and their applications. In their study of this unit students can improve their understanding of energy transfers and the efficiency of energy transfers. Students are also introduced to processes for analysing mechanical systems and for selecting electrical cells for a particular purpose.
The technological applications of the science in this unit include:
* matching a power source to a load,
* controlling the transfer of energy, and
* analysing mechanical systems in terms of inputs and outputs.
* Plan of the unit
* By using the unit students will ...
* Links to other SwT units
* Useful' resources and equipment
* Syllabus links
* Using the unit
Introduction - a case study
Part 1 Forms of energy and energy transformations
Part 2 Inputs and outputs: mechanical systems
Part 3 Inputs and outputs: electrical cells
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Science, Design and technology|
|Published||1990 - 1999|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Association for Science Education (ASE)
- Design and Technology Association