Demonstrating Biology: Eight Demonstrations
From Teachers TV, this video shows demonstrations in biology that can be used to engage and inspire students. Each clip contains practical advice to allow teachers to perform the demonstrations in the classroom.
The demonstrations include:
• An explosive demonstration of the energy in sugar.
• Illustrating the digestive process.
• Using pig's lungs to demonstrate the respiratory system.
• Using balloons, a leaf blower and a net to simulate what would happen if blood did not clot.
• Illusions, experiments and reaction times to investigate perception and how the brain works.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.