Teaching and Learning Mathematics Through ICT
This collection of resources from the National Strategies includes resources for activities and lessons that make effective use of ICT in teaching and learning secondary mathematics. The resources include the use of spreadsheets, programs, dynamic geometry software, graph plotting software, video and internet research. All activities are complete with teachers' notes further ideas and the relevant software or files.
The activities are organised into:
- Mathematical key processes
- Number including place value, Powers of 10, Simplifying fractions, Comparing fractions, Add and subtract fractions, Dividing fractions, Sum and product, Ratio and proportion and Integers, powers and roots
- Algebra including Equations, Formulae, Expressions & identities and Sequences, functions and graphs
- Geometry including Bearings, Rates of change, Compound measures, Areas of triangles, parallelograms, trapeziums and compound shapes, Area and circumference of circles including arcs and sectors, Properties of shapes and angles including symmetry, congruence, transformations and proof, Pythagoras, interior and exterior angles of polygons
- Statistics including Probability, Data problem solving, Handling data problems, Analysing data and correlation
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.