The first option of Revised Nuffield Chemistry explored the remarkable properties of water and sought to explain them in terms of the polarity of water molecules and hydrogen bonding. Experiments also investigated the properties of detergents and hardness of water. A further topic was the monitoring of water pollution.
1. What is water?
2. Where does water come from?
3. How do we use water in the home?
4. How is water used in industry and agriculture?
5. What happens to water after we have finished with it?
6. How can water be analysed?
7. Where can we find water in the future?