Option 1: Water
The first option of Revised Nuffield Chemistry explored the remarkable properties of water and sought to explain them in terms of the polarity of water molecules and hydrogen bonding. Experiments also investigated the properties of detergents and hardness of water. A further topic was the monitoring of water pollution.
1. What is water?
2. Where does water come from?
3. How do we use water in the home?
4. How is water used in industry and agriculture?
5. What happens to water after we have finished with it?
6. How can water be analysed?
7. Where can we find water in the future?
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.