Jessica Chambers is a food technologist at Sainsbury's. This video could be useful when teaching microbiology, food technology, or as a context for applied science. Jessica's job allows her to gain experience of work in many different areas that include:
- development of new products and ensuring they remain at the highest quality until their use;
- managing the quality and safety of cheese, yoghurt, chilled deserts, milk, eggs and juices;
- testing and developing the flavour, aroma, texture and appearance of food products;
- taste testing and comparisons with competitors' products;
- monitoring the environmental impact of our packaging and how we can go about reducing it.
Jessica says, "I always knew I wanted to do something with science in my career, and there's lots of flexibility in studying science. Amongst other things, I love discovering how things work and why the world is the way it is."
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Design and technology, Food Technology, Food Preparation and Nutrition, Mathematics, Science, Biology, Chemistry|
|Age||11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2010 to 2019|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Department for Education