Science Industry and Schools Links
The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC) produces classroom resources and teacher guidance to help highlight the links between classroom science and science-based industry. Resources in this collection contain information about the chemical and plastics industries as well as practical guidance about forming links between schools and local science-based companies. Over many years experience, The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC) have enabled the formation of successful links at both primary and secondary school levels.
The materials in this section include information and guidance about areas such as:
* benefits of school-industry links
* industry speakers in school
* arranging visits to company sites
* follow-up activities after site visits
* school-industry links case studies
* links between curriculum science and science-based industry
* industry days
* mock interviews
From The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC), this guide aims to help schools and science-based companies make the best use of their opportunities to liaise together. It concentrates upon using link activities to enrich aspects of the school science curriculum but there are many principles in the...
From The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC), this guide provides practical information and advice about organising a visit to a local science-based industry. Visits can be engaging, stimulating and profitable for the students, teachers and companies involved.
The guide looks at industrial...
Produced by The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC), this booklet offers advice and guidance for:
* teachers who wish to bring industrial speakers into school
* industrial speakers who would like an insight into the needs of teachers and their students.
The booklet contains two...
|Subject(s)||Science, Working scientifically, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Design and technology, Engineering, Careers|
|Age||7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2000 - 2009|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC)