Eigen Maths: Number Activities in the Classroom
These nine A5 booklets from Eigen Publications, each of about 12 pages, split into two groups. Four of the booklets provide activities that use arrow cards to support the understanding of place value and the other five booklets are independent and look at specific numerical activities. The authors state that the materials have been used with a wide age range of students. Most are suitable for Key Stage Two, some could be used with older Key Stage One children and some would be valuable at Key Stage Three.
The booklets relating to arrow cards:-
* Number activity in the classroom 1 - Arrow cards
* Number activity in the classroom 5 - Arrow cards tenths
* Number activity in the classroom 6 - arrow cards hundredths
* Arrow cards – Tenths and Hundredths
The booklets on independent topics:-
* Number activity in the classroom 2 - Calendar numbers
* Number activity in the classroom 3 - base hex
* Number activity in the classroom 4 - show me
* Number activity in the classroom 7 - multiplication methods
* Number activity in the classroom 8 – 3 x 3 addition grids
These four booklets from Eigen publications provide detailed guidance in the use of arrow cards to develop understanding of place value, including decimals. * [b]Arrow cards[/b] develops place value by use of the resource and links the use of arrow cards to other structured materials. * [b]Arrow cards: tenths[/b]...
These five Eigen publications booklets cover a range of very diverse number topics and are completely independent of each other. The topics include patterns on calendars, base 6 arithmetic, quick ‘show me’ activities using numbers to 20 and an overview of multiplication methods The booklets are independent of each...