Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- establish a safe and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect
- set goals that stretch and challenge pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
- demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour which are expected of pupils
These practical ideas have emerged from research in classrooms.
How do we develop attitudes, values and behaviour?
Lots of advice on spotting bullying, talking about it in school and preventing it happening. This site also includes resources for use in schools to support children dealing with this issue.
Share your displays or browse other teachers’ displays and resources for inspiration.
Guidance on how create a teaching and learning environment that supports all children.
Support in promoting the progress and achievement of all learners, underpinned by the three principles of the National Curriculum inclusion statement.
Professor Steve Higgins, of Durham University and Camilla Nevill from Education Endowment Foundation discuss research into the social and emotional aspects of learning and how this is implemented in teaching practice.
Ten ideas to help students develop emotions that promote learning.
Practical tips for breaking instructions down for students who find it hard to follow direction.
- Belair On Display - The Essential Guide to Primary Display
- Be Safe 4th edition ASE
- Be Safe Inset Pack 5 - 13 years
- Creating learning without limits
- Curious Learners in Primary Maths, Science, Computing and DT
- Good practice in science teaching: what research has to say
- Guide to Primary Science Education
- How to Develop Growth Mindsets in the Classroom: The Complete Guide: Volume 9
- Learning to Teach in the Primary School
- Science 5 - 11: a guide for teachers (2nd edition)
- Science Beyond the Classroom Boundaries for 3- 7 year olds
- Science Beyond the Classroom Boundaries for 7- 11 year olds
- Talking and Learning with Young Children
- Teaching Primary Science: Developing Understanding
- Teaching Science Creatively
- The Effective Primary School Classroom: The Essential Guide for New Teachers
- Understanding and Enriching Problem Solving in Primary Mathematics