This series of five one-hour lessons covers computer networks at secondary-school level. The objectives of the lessons are:
- Describe what a network is, the difference between a LAN and a WAN and identify three network topologies.
- Describe pieces of hardware that are needed in a network.
- Explain what an IP address is used for.
- Explain what HTML, PDF files and GIF files are used for.
- Student then research and present on the topic.
The resource includes teacher presentation files, student activity sheets and homework tasks. An end-of-unit assessment is provided also.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.