Episode 210: Preparation for Newton’s Laws of Motion
In these materials from the Institute of Physics, students revise the laws of motion and investigate the relationship between force and acceleration.
There are two learning episodes in this topic:
Episode 211: Newton’s second law of motion
Episode 212: Newton’s third law of motion
Following study of these episodes, students will be able to:
1. use the equations of motion to investigate the relationship between force and acceleration for a constant mass
2. perform simple calculations using F = ma
3. state the relationship between mass and acceleration for a constant force
4. understand the range and application of Newton’s Third Law
5. perform calculations using the concept of the Third Law.