Census at School
The CensusAtSchool UK project began in 2000 in conjunction with the National Statistics Office. The project, originally a one-off, was linked to the UK population census of 2001. It has now developed into a dynamic, ongoing and exciting initiative running in a number of countries.
It aims to:
• Involve students in collecting data about themselves and improve understanding of a data gathering process, its purpose and benefits to society
• Foster a positive attitude to statistics through using real data that is of interest to students
• Enhance the process of statistical enquiry across the curriculum
• Encourage effective Information and Communication Technology (ICT) teaching and learning, including the use of the Internet
• Provide access to large and meaningful data sets
• Make comparisons between the student responses in different countries.
This collection of resources from the project covers the whole primary and secondary age range. They have been written to help teachers use CensusAtSchool data in their classrooms, most are in worksheet format but many include data sets that run in Excel. A few solutions are also included.
|Age||5-7, 7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2000 - 2009|