Programming Pedagogy in Primary Schools: Developing Computing Teaching CO020
Investigate a range of pedagogical approaches for teaching programming to primary pupils
Investigate a range of pedagogical approaches suitable for teaching programming to primary school pupils (aged 5 to 11 years old).
To book on our online CPD courses please log in to Teach Computing find the course and click on the course title.
You will be able to:
- Describe a range of pedagogical approaches, including unplugged approaches, 'Use-Modify-Create', and Parson's Problems
- Explore the key programming concepts of sequence, variables, selection, and iteration, and how these can be taught
- Model a learning sequence as a semantic wave
- Synthesise different pedagogies into a lesson plan
- Evaluate the use of these pedagogical approaches in your classroom