Royal Academy of Engineering: Professional Development Leader Programme TB725
Professional Development Leader training run in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering, to help develop excellence in CPD facilitation.
This course is for Teacher Coordinators involved in the Royal Academy of Engineering, Connecting STEM Teachers programme.
The Professional Development Leader development programme is our flagship approach to developing Professional Development Leaders for a teacher and school-led national CPD programme.
The programme supports STEM specialists who work with teachers, subject leaders/coordinators and senior managers to provide training as part of the National STEM Learning Centre and Network.
These two days of training will develop excellence in course leadership and introduce the impact and evaluation mechanisms that ensure a high quality STEM CPD programme. You will also gain an understanding of the resource and CPD offer available through the National STEM Learning Centre and Network.
Day 1 outcomes:
- recognise the evidence base that supports effective CPD
- reflect on and analyse your current CPD facilitation and development needs
- identify effective strategies for working with adult learners
- clarify the principles of impact evaluation
Day 2 outcomes:
- evaluate your progress to date as a CPD Professional Development Leader
- evaluate how the STEM Learning Network can support your work as a Teacher Coordinator.