Effective A level practical work: physics NY314
Develop understanding of effective practical work at A level physics
Effective A level practical work: physics will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support practical science in your subject. You will build the disciplinary knowledge required to teach practical work and investigate a joined-up approach to progression across the curriculum. We will also look at developing concepts through practical work and how to build student understanding towards practical work questions.
You may also be interested in: NY502 Established teachers of A level physics
Not quite what you are looking for? Try NY252 New to A level physics
Who is it for?
Teachers of A level physics including Early Career Teachers (ECTs), experienced teachers, curriculum leads for physics
What topics are covered?
- CPAC requirements
- effective practical work
- core practicals
- additional practical work to use in teaching concepts from A level physics
- developing student response to practical questions
Not sure yet? Here is a free taster which will give you a better understanding of what to expect once you join the course. Please note, this is a free short activity you can do in your own time.
How will you learn?
Face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York
How long is this course?
This is a two day intensive course
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your disciplinary knowledge to support practical assessment in physics
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions
- expand your repertoire of science practical work that can be used in A level physics
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.