Effective A level practical work: physics NY314
'Effective A Level Practical Work: Physics' will provide you with a range of practical and pedagogical knowledge to develop students CPAC practical and written answer skills.
With complex practical questions now commonplace in chemistry examinations 'Effective A Level Practical Work: Physics' will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support the required practicals by developing students practical assessment skills in novel contexts.
Run alongside Effective Practical Work: Chemistry and Effective Practical Work: Biology, there is opportunity for you to customise your programme based upon your own personal and school priorities in order to gain the most out of your two days with us.
Who is it for?
All teachers of A level physics including NQTs and more experienced teachers. Curriculum leads for physics.
What topics are covered?
- What is effective practical work
- Working scientifically
- Developing student response to practical questions
- Novel practical work to use in teaching of A level physics
- Using apparatus and techniques criteria
How will you learn?
Face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York
How long is this course?
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your pedagogical subject knowledge to support practical assessment in the science subjects which you teach
- apply CPAC to all practical work not just required practical in order to develop student skills
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical written questions