Summer School for ECTs teaching science NY255
Summer school for Early Career Teachers (ECTs) of science
This summer school is for science teachers who are Early Career Teachers (ECTs). the course will give in-depth support around practical work, dealing with misconceptions and helping you plan for success in your first term's teaching. Experienced teaching colleagues will support you to consolidate your understanding in biology, chemistry and physics and allow you to practice your skills in our lab-based environment. You will have opportunity to explore much of the KS3 and 4 practical content and how to teach it well.
This course is complemented by Summer schools for teaching A level biology, chemistry and physics which take place in the same week and also have a separate subsidy attached. You will be able to book free accommodation for the night between the two courses if you would like to attend both.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- required practicals
- key misconceptions
- substantive and disciplinary knowledge across all three sciences at KS3 and KS4
- progression through the key stages
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
You will be able to:
- develop your practical science teaching skills across KS3 and KS4
- consolidate understanding across all three sciences up to KS4
- evaluate teaching strategies and activities for use in the classroom