Technicians as demonstrators NE203
This online CPD will take participants through a journey exploring the use of demonstrations in science to inspire pupils.
This online course will take participants through a journey exploring the use of demonstrations in science to inspire pupils. The course will consist of weekly videos containing the following themes; biology, chemistry and physics demonstrations, health and safety and teaching and learning through demonstrations.
The course will also include online discussions, interactive Q&A with course tutors, weekly tasks and the ability to upload and share good practice and accesses to demonstration resources.
Material for the course will be released every Monday at 11am to 12 noon starting on the 7 of November and finishing on the 13 of December. You do not need to be online for this time as you can engage with the content at anytime to suit you during the week
You will be able to:
- develop their range of approaches to make science teaching more inspiring and exciting
- be more confident in carrying out a range of demonstrations
- have considered when it is appropriate to use demonstrations and how they can promote deeper learning and enthusiasm for science
- be aware of safety regulations and management of pupils during demonstrations
- develop their skill in putting together a demonstration lecture for special occasions
- plan how they can use demonstrations to create an impact in their own school
Keeping in Touch
The email address you give when you apply will be used to send you all joining instructions and information about your course. Please make sure you can be contacted directly with this address.