Python - practical programming up to A level CY231
Extend your knowledge of programming and support GCSE and A level students with better programming projects.
Aim to extend your programming understanding and skill, and to provide teaching ideas and guidance suitable for higher GCSE and A level. This course is suitable for teachers with a solid grounding in Python fundamentals.
You will learn to:
- write modular Python code
- create and manipulate fundamental and compound data types
- use Python for game programming
- create a Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- design and run program tests
- write database-driven applications
- add networked functionality to programming projects with Application Programming Interfaces (API’s)
- use Python for object-oriented programming
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Following this course you will:
- support your students to create better programming projects in Python
- be confident to step up to the demand of A level programming tasks
- be able to train colleagues and enable them to improve their teaching of more advanced programming