Python - practical programming up to A level CY231
Extend your knowledge of programming and support GCSE and A level students with better programming projects.
Aim to extend your programming understanding and skill, and to provide teaching ideas and guidance suitable for higher GCSE and A level. This course is suitable for teachers with a solid grounding in Python fundamentals.
You will learn to:
- write modular Python code
- create and manipulate fundamental and compound data types
- use Python for game programming
- create a Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- design and run program tests
- write database-driven applications
- add networked functionality to programming projects with Application Programming Interfaces (API’s)
- use Python for object-oriented programming
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Following this course you will:
- support your students to create better programming projects in Python
- be confident to step up to the demand of A level programming tasks
- be able to train colleagues and enable them to improve their teaching of more advanced programming
Making the case for CPD is easy
Use our handy fact sheet with key benefits of the course.
You will also learn how to access the ENTHUSE bursary to cover the cost of attending.