Getting it right in key stage 3, laying good foundations for design and technology GCSE TY241
Find out how to develop your key stage 3 curriculum, supporting progression into design and technology GCSE.
This is an exciting opportunity to review your key stage 3 curriculum and to reflect on how your department can develop a programme of learning that supports progression into design and technology GCSE.
Focus on the designing and making attainment target at key stage 3 which will be relevant to all material areas (please note, it will not include the cooking and nutrition attainment target). Get support to develop a robust key stage 3 curriculum, providing a solid foundation for the broader materials requirements of design and technology GCSE.
“Excellent information and discussion, well led, with well-planned sessions and resources. There was ample time to reflect and to develop skills, with areas that were well thought out and thought provoking. A lot of relevant matters that were essential to forward planning with a lot of "I hadn't thought of that" ideas.”
Past participant 2016
During this course, we will:
- provide a framework for self-assessment of your current key stage 3 curriculum
- look at how key stage 3 supports the design and technology GCSE and what steps can be taken to ensure that students are fully prepared when they arrive at key stage 4
- consider new ideas, strategies and approaches to the key skills and knowledge required at key stage 3, in order to create an exciting and engaging curriculum that raises the profile of design and technology and encourages students to choose it at key stage 4
- discover a range of strategies and ideas that create an engaging curriculum, embedding progression and creativity
- support you to develop a personalised action plan for your department
- provide resources to take away that will help you to develop your key stage 3 curriculum
"My work can be quite insular, it's great to be able to network with other design and technology teachers"
Past participant 2015
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
You will be able to: