Cambridge IGCSE physics
'Cambridge IGCSE physics' has been developed to give maximum support for students studying for the 'Cambridge international examinations' GCSE. International case studies are used throughout, 'localising' learning. An interactive CD ROM, supporting study and revision, and practical work, is included. The book provides a complete match to the CIE GCSE physics specification.
This book contains:
- General physics: length and time; speed, velocity and acceleration; mass and weight; density; forces; energy, work and power; pressure
- Thermal physics: simple kinetic molecular model of matter; thermal properties; transfer of thermal energy
- Properties of waves (including light and sound): general wave properties; light; sound
- Electricity and magnetism: simple phenomena of magnetism; electrical quantities; electric circuits; dangers of electricity; electromagnetic effects; cathode ray oscilloscopes
- Atomic physics: radioactivity; the nuclear atom
- Illustrated glossary.
The accompanying CD ROM provides support for study, revision and practical work. It includes interactive questions and video experiments for common practical tasks.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.