Can do eco-ventures
The book has been written so that adults can develop the activities with children or children can use the book for ideas to develop themselves. All the activities have been successfully tried and tested with children aged 4-9 in various settings and we have found that the activities often spark children's imaginations to take the ideas further in their own way.
The activities in Eco-ventures:
- Can mostly be done with limited resources
- Are fully illustrated
- Describe what students need, how they can do it and where it can lead
- Can be used to explore particular areas of interest such as the environment, recycling, or the natural world
- Contain practical tips and flag health and safety points
- Provide opportunities for children to develop, play and learn at their own pace
- Include 'snapshots' of how other groups have experienced the activity
- Include 'spotlights' to support adults in thinking about their approach to working with children in a play or childcare setting.
This book is part of the 'Can do series', an essential resource for all those who work with children from birth to 14 years in out of school playsettings.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.