To understand how everyday devices like mobile phones, routers and satellites work, we need to understand what radio waves are and how we can transmit information with them. Radio communication is one of the key elements in our CanSat. All the data needed for our scientific experiment will be sent from the CanSat to our ground station via radio waves once the CanSat is launched.
- Understand the basics about waves and the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Understand how modulation works and why it is necessary to transmit information.
- Understand the importance of frequency and wavelength in radio wave propagation
- To be able to identify the elements needed in a communication process.
- To be able to distinguish between communication protocols.
- To be able to program their own radio module.
- To be able to make their own antenna and use it to receive information.