Illustrating Life Cycles
This resource contains six activities that link to Living things and their Habitats, they are designed for use with mixed age groups classes of Year 5 and 6. Activities include:
- carefully dissecting a flower, identifying the male and female gametes
- investigating the ways plants reproduce, including sexual and asexual reproduction, setting up a fair test into artificial asexual reproduction
- researching the life cycles of a variety of animals, recording and presenting their findings
- exploring a range of animals from around the world, comparing and contrasting adaptations that link to reproduction
- research a range of significant naturalists and animal behaviourists, recording the impact of their work
These activities have been provided by Hamilton Trust as part of their mixed age group science lessons.
The Hamilton website also hosts a wealth of other free resources.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.