The Circle of Life
This resource contains six activities that link to Animals, including Humans, these resources are designed for use with mixed age groups classes of Year 3 and 4. Activities include:
- using everyday objects to model the digestive system, whilst learning about the organs and their functions.
- investigating the four types of teeth and their importance in digestion
- exploring different animals and how their teeth can help us to determine what they eat and whether they are a carnivore, omnivore or herbivore.
- constructing food webs, using them to deduce whether animals are prey, predators, producers or consumers – building a strong understanding of the interconnectivity of life
- closely observing a variety of decomposers using hand lenses, whilst understanding the role they play in recycling nutrients.
These activities have been provided by Hamilton Trust as part of their mixed age group science lessons.
The Hamilton website also hosts a wealth of other free resources.