Quality: A World of Career Opportunities
This activity is designed to be delivered by a STEM Ambassador who works as a quality professional.
Quality professionals are an essential part of every business in every sector around the globe, from electronics to engineering; roads to retail; finance to food. They do a huge amount to help make businesses a success, by ensuring that standards are consistently high – for products, services and people – and that companies meet customer needs.
Despite the importance of quality in the world of work, most school students know little or nothing about the profession and the exciting career opportunities it offers
- Explain what being a quality professional involves
- Use some key quality management skills in a paper plane activity
- Provide further information on how to start a career in quality
- Innovation and problem-solving – using imaginative and creative solutions
- Organisational – managing their time well to complete the task
- Team work and communication – assigning clear roles and working together
- Attention to detail – using accuracy and carefully following instructions
- Foresight – thinking ahead by planning and anticipating any issues