National engineering competition for girls
Talent 2030’s National Engineering competition for girls is a free competition that runs every year and offers girls the chance to win £500 for themselves and £500 for their school. The competition invites girls to solve the major challenges of the 21st century, to get creative, get thinking and most of all – have fun! All competition entrants have the opportunity to get a Bronze, Silver or Gold CREST Award. Shortlisted finalists who qualify for the award will have their registration costs refunded.
Who can enter?
- All female students in secondary education in the UK
- Girls can enter independently or through their schools
- There are 3 different age categories 11-14 (Year 7-9), 15-16 (Year 10-11) and 17-18 (Year 12-13)
- Girls can enter individually or in groups of up to 6
- Girls from all subject areas
- One entry per group/individual (schools can submit multiple entries but girls cannot)
- £1,000 for the winner of each category! £500 for you (shared between entrants for teams) and £500 for your school.
- £300 for second place! (Prize money to be shared between all entrants for team entries)
- £150 for third place! (Prize money to be shared between all entrants for team entries)
- Trips to visit sponsors each year – all shortlisted finalists invited to an exclusive trip in spring; runners-up and winners visit Rolls-Royce in July
- Engineering mentor for each category winner
- All finalists will received complimentary membership to the Women’s Engineering Society.
- £150 for the best display at the Big Bang Fair: All shortlisted finalists will be invited to showcase their entries at the Big Bang Fair and £150 will be awarded to the best exhibition and project explanation on the day