Produced in 1980 by the Institute of Biology as part of its Studies in Biology series, this booklet looks at the interactions of plants and insects.
It contains sections that deal with areas that include:
* Interactions between plants and insects
* How insects feed on plants
* Physical and nutritional problems associated with plant-feeding
* Secondary plant substances: toxins, plant recognition, chemical messengers and host-plant resistance
* The co-evolution of plants and plant-eaters
* Biogeographical implications
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.