This engineering resource, produced by Mathematic in Education and Industry (MEI) for the Royal Academy of Engineering, asks the question: how can you predict future power requirements?
Students are required to complete a table by substituting values into a formula and plot a graph. The interactive file can be used to demonstrate some of the important aspects of growth and decline. The activity offers good opportunities to consolidate work on geometric progression.
The mathematics covered in this activity is:
• Be able to write the rule for a sequence in symbolic form
• Change the subject of a formula
• Be able to plot data
• Be able to draw a graph by constructing a table of values
• Solve problems using the laws of logarithms
• Solve problems involving exponential growth and decay
Show health and safety information
|Published||2010 to 2019|
|Log in to rate this resource|