Produced by the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS), these resources are aimed at mathematics practitioners. .
Sessions in this resource look at:
• Interpreting bar charts (using higher order questions)
• Interpretation of pie charts (exposing and discussing common misconceptions)
• Misleading statistics (exposing and discussing common misconceptions)
• Time series (using higher order questions)
• Using moving averages to identify trends (using rich collaborative tasks)
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.