Produced by The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC), in these activities, students investigate the cleaning power of washing agents and through a series of investigations that include:
* Which washing agent works best at low temperatures?
* Which washing agent produces the most foam?
* Does a washing agent need foam?
* How to make wool sink
* Constructing and using a surface tensiometer
* Emulsifying oil and water
* Dispersing talc in water
The package can be used complete or as separate self contained activities. Alternatively, groups within the class can work on different activities and then their findings can be pooled.
The materials contain full teacher guidance, student notes and activity sheets.