From the Nuffield foundation this resource, developed from the QCA scheme of work, describes an activity in which children considered the foods they liked and then go on to design and produce a salad containing their favourite fruits.
During the activity, the children:
* Kept a diary of how much fruit and vegetables they ate.
* Viewed a classroom display of fruit and vegetables.
* Used their senses to explore the tastes and smells of food.
* Followed hygienic practices.
* Thought about the fruit and vegetables they like.
* Looked at the need for fruit in a diet.
* Designed and produced a fruit salad.
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Design and technology|
|Published||2000 - 2009|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Nuffield Foundation