From the Nuffield foundation this resource looks at packaging, its design and uses. Developed from the QCA scheme of work, children design and make packaging for a light bulb.
During the activity, children:
* Look at different types of light bulb packaging.
* Consider the need for packaging.
* Look at the packaging when it is folded out into a flat sheet.
* Design and make a package for a light bulb using a cut and folded flat sheet of card.
* Add surface decoration to their packaging.
* Evaluate their design.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.