Forces - Pushes, Pulls and Friction
From Teachers TV, this video is part of the Lesson Starters series. It contains five short video clips that can be used to generate interest and class discussion on forces, movement, pushes, pulls and friction.
The short clips illustrate:
• The pushing and pulling forces exerted on a canoeing trip
• Dramatic forces of a demolition ball
• The forces involved while making pizza dough in a professional kitchen
• A comic tug-of-war contest between a well-built man wearing slippery socks and two smaller men both wearing trainers with grips
• Making parachutes for eggs. What is the best way for an egg to parachute from a very high ladder without getting broken?
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
You might also like
|Published||2000 - 2009|
Share this resource
This resource is part of Teachers TV