This Salters’ Chemistry Course unit from the University of York Science Education Group covered:
- The importance of metals
- The characteristics of metals
- The relationship between the properties of metals and their uses
- Problems of corrosion
- M1: What are metals
- M2: Which metal is used to make a drawing pin
- M3: What happens when metals corrode
- M4: Do all metals corrode?
- M5: What are metal alloys
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
|Published||1980 - 1989|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- University of York Science Education Group