A-Level Criteria Science Subjects 2006
This set of subject criteria were produced by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority in 2006 for Awarding Bodies to produce AS and A level science subject specifications, in biology, chemistry, physics, psychology, geology, electronics and environmental science.
AS and A level subject criteria are intended to set out the knowledge, understanding, skills and assessment objectives common to all AS and A level specifications in a given subject. They provide the framework within which the awarding body creates the detail of the specification.
Subject criteria are intended to:
* help ensure consistent and comparable standards in the same subject across the awarding bodies
* define the relationship between the AS and A level specifications, with the AS as a subset of the A level
* ensure that the rigour of A level is maintained
* help higher education institutions and employers know what has been studied and assessed.
Any specification which contains significant elements of the science subject must be consistent with the relevant parts of the subject criteria.
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Electronics, programming and control, Science, Design and technology|
|Published||2000 - 2009|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Qualifications and Curriculum Authority