Produced by the European Southern Observatory, this collection contains spectacular images of galaxies. Images include:
* Spiral galaxy NGC 1232, based on three exposures in ultra-violet, blue and red light, respectively.
* Central parts of the starburst galaxy NGC 1313. The very active state of this galaxy is evident from the image, showing many star formation regions.
* Two spiral galaxies, similar in looks to the Milky Way, moving together. Eventually, the two galaxies will become a single, bigger one.
* A swathe of the Milky Way containing the constellations Crux and Norma.
* A colour composite image of the irregular galaxy NGC 1427A.
More ESO images can be seen on the ESO website.
Show health and safety information
|Age||11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2000 - 2009|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- European Southern Observatory