Mechanics in Action
Mechanics in Action is an introduction to using practical approaches to teaching mechanics. It includes a background to modeling and 53 practical investigations with photocopyable worksheets and teachers' notes.
A knowledge of mechanics is necessary in the study of mathematics, science and engineering. This book aims to help teachers make the subject interesting and accessible.
* It is for teachers who wish to explore the use of practical investigations in mechanics. It provides exciting ideas for experienced teachers and plenty of support for people who lack confidence in the subject.
* There are photocopiable worksheet masters with ideas for investigations.
* Each investigation has teachers' notes. Some of these are written up in detail with lesson plans.
* There is a section giving essential mathematical background.
* A section about common misconceptions includes a questionnaire to help identify problem areas.
* Includes practical investigations on forces, pulleys, moments, friction, kinematics, energy, circular motion, springs, oscillations, simple harmonic motion and impact.