Medicines from microbes
Produced by The Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC), these resources help to put curriculum science in a real life context. The activities provide opportunities for children to consider the use of plant material (biomass) for renewable energy. They go on to look at some of the problems that using biomass can pose and to think about other applications for plant-derived materials.
The activities include:
* Looking at crops for food and non-food purposes
* Burning of different fuels
* Transport of different plant fuels
* Extracting oil from seeds and nuts
* Separating oil and water mixtures
* Plant oils as lubricants.
The activities are supported by extensive teacher guidance and children's activity sheets.
Show health and safety information
This is a physical resource. Come and visit the National STEM Learning Centre library to see it.
|Shelf ref. number||A 372.35044 CHE|
- Centre for Industry Education Collaboration (CIEC)