New STEM career resources for secondary schools and colleges
We are excited to announce two new STEM career resources, packed full of ideas and strategies to help teachers and Career Leaders bring STEM careers into the classroom.
Each resource is free to download and comes with guidance and training to help embed ideas into lesson planning.
“These high-quality resources will provide teachers and Careers Leaders with the STEM specific ideas and inspiration that they need to make sure that STEM is part of every young person’s careers education.” - Gemma Taylor, Careers Programme Lead at STEM Learning
STEM Career Toolkit for Careers Leaders in Secondary Schools and Colleges
Gain ideas for developing STEM career learning across the curriculum with our new STEM Careers Toolkit, designed for secondary schools and colleges. Packed with creative ideas and practical suggestions, this toolkit explores how STEM careers can support you to achieve each of the Gatsby Career Benchmarks, helping you to build STEM specific content into your careers strategy.
The toolkit includes:
- an interactive guide, providing STEM careers guidance and resource suggestions for each of the Gatsby Careers Benchmarks
- training resource and handouts, designed to increase awareness of STEM career learning amongst teaching staff
- ideas and practical suggestions, a detailed collection of recommendations and guidance to develop STEM specific content for each benchmark
Developing Career learning in STEM
This guide is aimed at teachers of science, design and technology, computing, engineering and mathematics, and those who are passionate about providing STEM career experiences.
It offers immediate ideas to try, longer term solutions and resource recommendations to help bring career learning into lessons.
This guide will help you to:
- encourage your students to develop their STEM career aspirations
- create STEM career links in your lessons
- link STEM career learning to extra-curricular activities
- work meaningfully with STEM employers
- measure the impact of STEM career learning
- support your Careers Leader to achieve the Gatsby Careers Benchmarks
Find out more about our support for STEM career learning by visiting www.stem.org.uk/stem-careers