Eggucation - Chick Hatching for Schools, Nurseries, Care Homes and Events
Eggucation brings the miracle of watching chicks hatch to your classroom or event. Using only our own Champion Rare Breed poultry, we bring a valuable lesson in conservation alongside the living lesson of life cycles. We provide 5 week hatching projects where schools incubate the eggs for the full 21 days, 'Quick Hatch' projects with eggs brought in just prior to hatch, and full day bespoke hatching workshops. Check out our website for more information.
Eggucation offer an ETHICAL service second to none:
- Fabulous STEM based set up talk with tame hens to feed and stroke - learn how the incubator mimics the hen!
- Comprehensive resources and planning tools provided.
- All our eggs are from our own champion winning Rare Breeds.
- All the chicks come back to us to be grown on for their vital role in the next generation.
- Full Risk Assessment, DBS checked & Insured.
To book click here
- Our activities are all tied in carefully to all Science based learning outcomes and goals from Preschool to A' Level Biology.
- We provide Schemes of Learning that stretch across the curriculum in KS1-KS3, and tie in the activites we provide to outcomes, to make teachers lives easier and to assist in applying for and using Pupil Premium funding.
The STEM Directory is provided as a service to support you in finding enrichment opportunities. The activities are offered by external providers and are not endorsed by STEM Learning. We are not responsible for their content or delivery.
Grants for school
The Royal Institution runs two enrichment and enhancement grant schemes. Grants of up to £500 are available to UK-registered state schools to host a STEM activity selected from the STEM Directory.
There are a number of other organisations that offer grants to schools.
|Published||13 September 2017|
|Last modified||14 October 2019|
|Nature of scheme||In-school visit|
|Subject(s)||Cross curricular, Design and technology, Mathematics, Personal development, Science, Biology, Working scientifically, Practical work, Techniques and procedures, Enquiries and investigations|
|Age||4-5, 5-7, 7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Running times||1-4 hours|
From £230 (+ VAT in some areas) for schools hatching. Workshops and Events start at £400
|Log in to rate this resource|