Understanding Design and Technology 1982
Produced in 1982, this Assessment of Performance Unit discussion document was based on a report prepared by a special working group of the APU which was submitted to the Unit in the Summer of 1980. The group was asked:
* to identify those aspects of an understanding of both design and technology most likely to be reflected in primary and secondary schools
* to consider when and where abilities in design and technology appear in the school curriculum
* to suggest how these aspects of pupils' development might be assessed.
The report includes sections on
* What is meant by understanding design and technology?
* Framework of abilities in the area of design and technology
* Framework for Assessment – skills, knowledge and values
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.