Teaching primary science: exploring space NE003
Discover how space exploration can inspire your primary science students and engage them in working scientifically.
Online course. Flexible participation. Learn about current and future space missions, aiming to explore our solar system and beyond. Discover effective ways in which to engage pupils in science and wider STEM activities linked to space exploration.
In this course, you'll discuss with other teachers and draw upon a range of resources to develop your approach to teaching primary science with the context of space exploration. You will look at how to:
- engage children in working scientifically
- learn about current and future space missions and how they can be linked to the curriculum
- investigate forces and mechanisms in robotics
- explore practical activities based upon the search for exoplanets
- explore careers in space research and industry
- find out about how we can explore space using telescopes.
By the end of this course you will be able to: