New to teaching A level mathematics summer school MY500 / A15
We have an exclusive opportunity for teachers to join us here at the National STEM Learning Centre for this CPD activity. We are offering a 100% discount when you book onto this activity using the discount code MATHS16. Simply book your place using the code and bring the voucher along to the CPD activity when it begins on the 22 August.
*This offer is solely for ‘New to teaching A level mathematics summer school’ and supersedes any previous fees and bursaries stated online or in publications.
A four day summer school, run in conjunction with MEI, for teachers new to teaching A-level mathematics. The course content will raise teachers’ subject pedagogical knowledge in order to improve their teaching skills, thus giving the confidence to teach for understanding and engagement, rather than ‘teaching to the test’.
The course is designed for teachers who are:
- new to teaching, i.e. have no more than three years teaching experience. The course is suitable for teachers who have just completed their initial teacher training programme and are about to take up their first post.
- more experienced teachers of mathematics who are new to teaching A level
The course concentrates upon pedagogy and it is expected that participants have a good understanding of the mathematical content at advanced level.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
On completion of the course teachers will:
- have a deeper understanding of the key concepts that underpin A level mathematics, and how these ideas are linked together across the subject
- have developed a range of active learning approaches to teaching these concepts
- understand the importance of practical approaches to teaching applied mathematics
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 1||22 August 2016 09:30-19:00|
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 2||23 August 2016 09:00-19:00|
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 3||24 August 2016 09:00-19:00|
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 4||25 August 2016 09:00-14:00|
Fees & Bursaries
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available