‘Enviro CSI - From crime scene to courtroom: Who’s committed the enviro crime, and can you ensure they do time?’ NW300 / H23
Learning about careers and work-related experiences is emphasised in CfW as being fundamental to developing skills for work and life.
With an environmental crime having been committed, educators take on the role of trainee NRW Environment Officers and take part in a day of cross-curricular outdoor learning, hands on activities and challenges. Putting the Curriculum for Wales into action, can they investigate, gather evidence and build a case to take the offender to court? Creativity, innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, planning and teamwork across the 6 AoLE’s will be required to ensure justice is served.
This training course offers face to face training in partnership with STEM Learning UK and Techniquest. A £165 ‘Enthuse Bursary’ is available per attending teacher to pay towards supply cover.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
Science, STEM, Cross-Curricular
How will you learn?
Face to face
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
- Put the Curriculum for Wales into action through the ‘Mantle of the expert’ pedagogical approach.
- Complete cross-curricular outdoor learning activities and challenges which incorporate the 6 Areas of Learning and Experience.
Investigate a ‘crime’, gather evidence, and build a case to take the offender to court.
|1 Wales bespoke template
|25 April 2024
|Treborth Botanic Garden
Feedback from teachers on a previous course:
- “Presented extremely well. Light-hearted and great to do the activities to do with the children in a fun way e.g., solve the crime!”
- “Excellent day thoroughly enjoyed the mantle. Will share this idea and encourage others to use this approach.”
- “Superb learning opportunity for teachers. Inspirational. Thank you.”
Putting the training into practice – Learn how Megan Hughes, a Year 3 teacher at Ysgol Sychdyn, Flintshire used the activities and ideas shared on the ’From Crime to Courtroom: Enviro crime’ training with her learners. Read her thoughts here.
|State-funded school or college
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available