Shipwrecked with only the Curriculum for Wales to help you… Would you survive and meet the 4 purposes? NW300 / F23
‘Shipwrecked’ on a desert island, this course will focus on utilising the Curriculum for Wales and carefully using natural resources in a bid to survive! Delivered by Natural Resources Wales, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills staff, the course will give you practical, cross-curricular outdoor learning activity ideas whilst incorporating elements of the literacy and numeracy frameworks. This course is aimed at educators that want to increase their confidence in delivering the Curriculum for Wales’ 6 AoLE’s through nature connectedness.
This training course offers face to face training in partnership with STEM Learning UK and Techniquest. A £165 ‘Enthuse Bursary’ is available per attending teacher to pay towards supply cover.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
Cross-curricular, STEM, Science.
How will you learn?
Face to face
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
- Put the Curriculum for Wales into action to try and survive ‘three days’ on a desert island and will work together to secure a rescue.
- Complete cross-curricular outdoor learning activities and challenges which incorporate the 6 Areas of Learning and Experience.
- Learn the importance of sustainably managing natural resources so people and nature can thrive together.
|1 Wales bespoke template
|06 March 2024
|Treborth Botanic Garden
Feedback from teachers on a previous course:
- “A very enjoyable and informative course with plenty of hands on activities.”
- “This course has given me a valuable insight on how to deliver exciting outdoor activities with a purpose.”
- “Many of the activities we did today were fun and engaging. I look forward to leading them with my learners.”
Putting the training into practice – ‘Shipwrecked in Costa Del Sychdyn’ – pupils survive with only the Curriculum for Wales to support them.
Read how Megan Hughes, a Year 4 teacher from Sychdyn, Flintshire put the activities shared on the ‘Shipwrecked’ training into practice with her learners. Alternatively, watch Megan and her learners share their views in NRW’s ‘Shipwrecked’ short video on YouTube.
|State-funded school or college
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available