MAT secondary science leads network meeting NB208 / A21
Our MAT Science Lead network meetings provide a platform for those undertaking a similar role.
They are designed to support you in the role of MAT science lead. They will:
- provide opportunities to develop strategic expertise – providing you with current updates, changes/ horizon scanning on science education landscape;
- highlight opportunities for science education partners, providing an overview of their respective opportunities that MAT leads can then share and use to plan across their academies / teachers;
- provide a forum for sharing good practice – reducing workload through sharing what works and driving up science standards across the education landscape. Areas of sharing good practice might include curriculum planning, SCITT/ ITT offers, recruitment / retention, subject leadership;
- network – both in the network meetings and more widely through the STEM Community group for MAT Science leads. The Community group is a place for discussions and requests for support between the facilitated network meetings.
Who is the course leader?
You will be able to:
- Reflect on how schools are addressing the gaps that have emerged in practical skills and disciplinary knowledge as a result of the pandemic. You will share experiences that will support the delivery of practical science within your schools to improve student outcomes.
- Consider the recommendations from the EEF's Guidance on effective professional development and how STEM Learning can support the development of your own teachers through our Facilitator Development Programme and the associated benefits in developing your own teachers through leading external CPD and generating income for your schools.
|1 MAT science leads conference||24 January 2022||14:00-16:15|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available