Chemistry for non-specialists NY243 / A21
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- diffusion and equilibria
- chemical reactions
- rates of reaction
- Organic chemistry and polymers
- models and misconceptions
- important aspects of health and safety
- diagnostic questioning
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
I am secondary science professional development leader at the National STEM learning centre. I previously taught for over 20 years in
By the end of the course participants will have:
- increased their understanding of chemistry topics at Key Stage 3 and 4
- become more confident and competent in the teaching of chemistry
- rehearsed relevant and interesting practical experiments and demonstrations to help inspire and engage their students
- developed an understanding of common student misconceptions and how these can be addressed
- developed the effective use of scientific models relevant to the teaching of chemistry
|Day 1 - Chemistry for non-specialists (Face to face)||28 September 2021||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Day 2 - Chemistry for non-specialists (Face to face)||29 September 2021||09:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Day 3 - Chemistry for non-specialists (Face to face)||30 September 2021||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Day 4 - Chemistry for non-specialists (Face to face)||10 January 2022||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Day 5 - Chemistry for non-specialists (Face to face)||11 January 2022||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available