Summer school for new and recently qualified primary teachers NY015 / A21
Planning exciting, differentiated science lessons can be a lot to get your head around when you are new to the job!
Not only do you have to assess pupils and be there to answer their complex questions, but pupils are expected to make progress, learn to select the most appropriate method of enquiry, calculation or computation and be safe.
This course will help you to understand the requirements of the primary science curriculum, improve your subject knowledge and give you time to plan for excellent science lessons.
This course consists of two days of face to face delivery at the National STEM Learning Centre, plus 5 hours of CPD which will be delivered remotely after the summer school.
You will choose from a selection of options to suit you while you are in York, to give you the best support for the start of your career. As this is an integral part of the course, full participation in the remote component is essential for the bursary conditions to be met.
Who is it for?
New and recently qualified primary teachers
What topics are covered?
- working scientifically- exploring enquiry
- exploring science subject knowledge
- science through the wider curriculum assessment
- recording and reporting in science
- planning engaging and relevant science learning
How will you learn?
Two days face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York and five hours of remote sessions.
How long is this course?
Two days face to face and three remote sessions.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- create a stimulating learning environment to support children’s learning, with the development of science enquiry skills at the heart
- recognise and select from highly effective strategies for teaching and learning in primary science, in areas such as differentiation, assessment, behaviour and resource management
- action plan changes in your practice resulting from personalised learning on this activity
|Primary summer school for NQTS - day 1 face to face delivery||08 August 2022||11:00-19:00|
|Primary summer school for NQTs - day 2 face to face delivery||09 August 2022||09:00-16:00|
|Primary summer school for NQTs - day 4 remote delivery||24 August 2022||08:00-08:00|
|Primary summer school for NQTs - day 5 remote delivery||26 August 2022||10:00-11:30|
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available